UNITEDWORLD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
- Approved by AICTE
(All India Council for Technical Education, Govt. of India)
- This industry oriented course has been developed by renowned Industry leaders, experts and academia of International repute.
- Live application-based learning with Industry Internships.
- Duration is of Two years (4 semesters).
PGDM STUDY DESIGN
This unique industry oriented course structure emphasizes development of skills so as to conceptualize actual problems in business situations & apply academic theories to find solutions.
- Total 36 full-credit modules ( One Module, 30 contact hrs, 3 credits)
- SIP & Dissertation (double credit programs of 6 credits each)
- Unique PGDM of total 120 credits program.
Focus is on the basic principles and methodology of general management, its thought process and formats.
Specialization course :
Focus is on Specialization in one of the core areas of management but to meet the new challenges of the industry, students can opt for multiple specializations.
Capstone course :
This unique idea developed by Unitedworld, is to provide opportunities for students to integrate knowledge from their core & concentration courses to gain insight into the meanings of professionalism & professional practices, and to reflect on the norms of a profession.
CPD (Career & Professional Development) :
Focus is strongly on career development and professional management through analytical, problem solving skills. By identifying students abilities, we coach them to develop the best skills as per the latest requirements of the industry.
Contemporary Business Environment :
Students are exposed to cross disciplinary contemporary approach as per the latest trends in management. This endeavours students to be industry ready in modern context.
CEO & Eminent guest Lecture series :
Students get an opportunity to interact with the best CEOs of the industry along with the eminent personalities of national and international repute in the campus through this unique lecture series.
Industry Internships :
UWSB successfully links students with organizations through its internship programme after completion of first year of the course to prepare the management graduates for the future business world.
Industry Visits :
Students visit the topmost brands across nation and abroad to know the workflow and business models of various companies in different sectors.
This industrial visit exposes students to the latest know-how and state-of-the art infrastructure.
UWSB believes in the best and when it comes to the placements of the students, we never compromise.
Our students are working for the best of the brands in various cities across globe. We are committed to 100 percent placement assistance.
- Faculty guided dissertation on specific Topics as per specialization
- Presentation by the students in front of reputed Jury
- Assessment of students’ abilities and identification of areas of improvements
FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (2 SEMESTERS)
- Foundation programme lasts two terms of approximately six months each.
- The core fundamentals of Management theories & Principles are explained
- Effective communications, critical analysis, decision making thought process
- Use of quantitative & qualitative approaches and unique techniques.
- Students are exposed to different functional areas & business environment.
SEM – I
History of Business
Fundamentals of Marketing 1
Written Analysis & Communication
Business Law & Legal Environment
Business Mathematics & Statistics
Business Communication 1
Information System for Managers
Contemporary Issues & Skills in Management
SEM – II
Management Accounting 2
Human Resource Management
Quantitative Techniques for Management
Industry linked Activities
- Seminars on Contemporary Business Topics
• CEO Lecture Series
• Personal Growth and Career Coaching Workshops
• Business Environment Analysis
• Industry Visits to corporate houses
• Participation in Competitive events
- Specialization options in two core areas
- Advanced exposure in General Management.
Major and Minor specializations can be opted by students from the following areas: